I created a framework for aligning with anyone who has emailed me or sent me a message about picking my brain or variations of that statement
Thank you reaching out to me, I understand you want to pick my brain on something you are working or a strategy you are developing?
As you might well understand, I get a large number of these request weekly and in order for both of us to make effective use of our time and resources, So I created a framework for how I deal with such request:
- First thing please to be clear what you actually need and how much time is required?
- If what you need from me does not require more than 5 minutes of my time and is for someone I am ‘inclined’ to work with in the first ( inclined is defined by me and mostly reserved for women led and startups I believe I strongly believe in ). Then please write a clear email and how I can help and I dedicate 5 mins to it and schedule for it to be done within a month.
- Anything beyond 5 mins, here are links to me [free content] available. I know something there will help answer your question
- My blog : blog.ethelcofie.com
- My website : ethelcofie.com
- my tech newsletter [free]( sign up here )
- my YouTube videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6a7tkYDNHnLkXwTj8fe2gQ
- My women’s leadership newsletter [paid] : https://flutterwave.com/pay/wnewsletter
- Any request for anything beyond that (This includes qualitative research requests), here is link to my flutter wave to pay for a one hour consulting session with me [https://flutterwave.com/pay/pickethelsbrain] .
I also do however reserve the right to return the payment and cancel the consulting time if our objectives are not aligned
Outside of these parameters it’s really hard to engage whilst doing my day job.
I hope you understand